You Know You're From Maryland When Mon, Dec 15, 2003
- You know more than 10 people who own boats and they all park them at
the same marina in Annapolis
- You can pronounce and spell “Pocomoke,” “Mattaponi,” “Accokeek,” and
“Havre de Grace”
- You prononce “Bowie” BOO-ie not BOW-ie or BAUW-ie
- 1 hour is an easy commute to work
- You have more than three recipies for crabcakes
- French fries just don’t taste right without Old Bay
- There are more than two crab places in your town
- Even your high school cafeteria made good crabcakes
- You got your first lacrosse stick before you were six years old
- You call all turtles “terrapins”
- You refer to your state as “Merlind”
- Your mother shops at Hecht’s
- You still call Six Flags America “Adventure World”, or even “Wild
- You still remember the Wild World commercial (Wild World’s the cure
for the summertime blues!)
- You can tell the difference between the smells of septic and marsh.
- You not only know how to eat hard crabs but you also know how to
catch them, cook them and tell the males from the females.
- You don’t think that Assawoman Bay is a strange name for a body
- You know perfectly well why Rehoboth is called “Little San
- M R Ducks makes perfect sense.
- So does C M Wangs.
- You think Salisbury is a big city.
- You think of dumplings as wet slippery squares of boiled dough.
- You and your boss take off of work when the fish are running or the
ducks are flying in..
- You’ve eaten muskrat at a church dinner but think it’s better the
way you fix it.
- You think of “Dairy Queen” as a pageant title and not a place to get
an ice cream.
- “Formal wear” is a ball cap, a flannel shirt and Timberlands.
- You still root for the Orioles even when they suck
- You’ll never understand why tourists come to DC.
- When in Florida, you can only laugh when you see signs saying “Real
Maryland Blue Crab Cakes!”
- You color with “Crowns”, take a “Share” with “Wooter” and think the
president lives in “Warshenton.”
- You know the difference between Glen Burnie ghetto and
- Your whole family lives within a 200 mile radius of your town.
- Dale Earnhardt’s accident was a close personal loss to your father
- At least one man in your family is a waterman
- You plan for “The Festival” a year in advance.
- During the summer, you spend more time in Ocean City than at home.
- Margret Heater, Hedspace, Jepetto, Outside Joke and Mary Prankster
are people you think are “Famous”
- Your radio dial is stuck on 99.1
- You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends